QuickBooks Error H101, H202, H303 or H505 occurs when the user tries to access their company file. The errors are quite similar to issues caused due to multi-user setup of the company file. To resolve these errors Intuit recommends numerous solutions that can be tried one by one in the same order for best and fastest result. It is possible that the first resolution could solve the problem or the user could be required to try all the resolutions for the same.
QuickBooks Desktop is trying to establish a connection to the company file and can’t communicate with the server (computer hosting the QuickBooks files). Several issues can cause the following:
- The firewall settings of the computer system are restricting the entry or exit of QuickBooks server into the Internet system.
- Settings configured for the hosting of area unit is not correct.
- DNS setting provided is not valid.
- Error could be due to QuickBooks services which are not active like QBCFMonitor / QuickBooksDBXX.
- The science address provided for the computer system that is hosting the software and company file is unable to be located.
- The files with extension .ND are either broken or corrupted that results in inaccessibility of the company file by the QuickBooks software.
To fix the issues, follow the different resolutions displayed below:
Resolution 1: Using File Doctor Tool of QuickBooks
First and foremost download and install tool called QuickBooks File Doctor. After installing run the tool on the server.
Resolution 2: Verification of hosting and services settings
- Verifying the Hosting settings:
- On the computer system open the QuickBooks software, locate file tab and then choose Utilities option.
- Locate option stating ‘Host Multi User Access?’ It means the system is not hosting and as such can be closed to move on to the next Computer system.
- When you come across an option saying ‘Stop Hosting Multi User Access?’, and then select the option.
- If the company file showcases closed window then click on Yes.
- Verifying the Services settings:
- Make sure that the Service unit is started of QBCFMonitor and QuickBooksDBXX.
- Now select the Windows button and then click on run box.
- In this ‘Run’ field type-in services.msc followed by Enter tab.
- A screen called Service will open where locate appearance for service named QuickBooksDBXX.
- In case the service is not visible, then task the Information Server Manager to put the screen in multi-user mode.
- Once you locate the QuickBooksDBXX service, then select it to make the start-up ready and running in order to begin the repair function.
- Now select the option named ‘Recovery’.
- Restart the computer system through the menu bar. This will automatically restart the service called QuickBooksDBXX.
- Now click on the Save button in order save the changes made.
- Now for QBCFMonitor Service repeat all the steps above.
- Open your QuickBooks software under multi-user mode for all computer systems.
Resolution 3: To configure the firewall settings open all network ports used by the QB software for communicating outside
Check and locate all the security software like AVG program that comes integrated with Windows 8. Alter the settings for Windows Defender as it is one of the root causes for network restrictions.
Resolution 4: Integrate the server with the Windows host file.
Resolution 5: Last resort is to structure a new folder to store the company file and share it across server by allowing access to certain computer system.If the issue still persists then the customer care team of QuickBooks can be reached through QuickBooks Customer Service team who can proficiently resolve all types of QuickBooks error in the limited time period. If the service team is unapproachable due to the long queue, the user can try alternative support agencies. One such dependable third-party support is offered by QuickBooks POS Support agency that can be contacted on toll-free number +1-800-935-0532 or for online chat support visit website – www.postechie.com