While working with QuickBooks that maintains your all business accounting, you may face issues due to corrupted or damaged files, slow processing and many more. When trying to edit a customer/vendor list and the processing is not running then QuickBooks POS error 3170 error alert will be displayed on your screen as “ [QODBC] QuickBooks Error 3170” and it creates blunder effect on your business.
Main Causes of QuickBooks POS error 3170
Read More: QuickBooks Error 15242
There are certain causes of QuickBooks POS error 3170, all are given below:
- When QuickBooks user trying to editing the vendor/customer list and it remains incomplete or any company data file gets corrupted, this error may cause and create some issues.
- If you find window crash while programs are active, this error will appear on your screen.
- When suddenly corrupted or damaged file find during the installation process is running or presence of inadequate establishment in QuickBooks programs, this error may occur.
- This error also occurs when QuickBooks programs deleted in an incorrect way.
- A issue of QuickBooks error 3170 causes due to many variables and it is very difficult to find each convincible issue which is repeated again-n-again.
How to fix the QuickBooks POS error 3170?
Get Help for: QuickBooks Live Chat 24*7 Hour Service
There are following ways to resolve this error, all are listed below:
Troubleshooting 1: To resolve this error, you need to follow this instruction step-by-step:
- Firstly, go with QuickBooks desktop point of sale under the activity log and all names of customers/vendors are highlighted before QuickBooks error 3140 error appears.
- Then click on the right column header of a customer list and select the QuickBooks status to find your list and then search any customer name by the click on the QuickBooks header file.
- Go the vendor list via following the same process.
- After that, click on the QBs desktop and registered your name a vendor/customers.
- From the customers main Menu, you need to click on the customer centre.
- After that, click on the name which is listed under the activity log and Select the EDIT from the drop-down option.
- To complete the processing, go the menu and add numeric number as “1” and click on the OK button.
- Now, you are all set to run the program for your financial exchange.
- After this, go to the edited MENU and double-click on it which leads to remove numeric”1” and then click on the OK.
- This will help you to merge with customers or vendors QuickBooks which is created by financial exchange.
- At the end, go with YES option and agree with all terms & conditions.
Troubleshooting 2: To resolve this error there is another way, you need to follow these steps:
- Firstly, click on the start key option.
- Then go to update option and enter on it and window update dialog box will appear on your screen.
- Then click and download the updating key, if they are available.
See Also: QuickBooks Error 100060
How to contact us?
After all this assistance, if you still face any issue or any query in your mind regarding this QuickBooks error 3170, feel free to contact our customer care team mail at firstname.lastname@example.org our official website.
🔔 Frequently Asked Questions🔔
Ans: The error message display- Error: Updating of item ‘Service/Labor’ in QuickBooks failed. Export canceled.
Ans: Yes, there are a few things that you have to check and do before starting to resolve the error. These things are:-
1. Check that QuickBooks POS is up-to-date.
2. Windows system meets the QuickBooks version requirements.
3. QuickBooks is running as Administrator.
4. Internet is working properly.
Ans: 1. In your Windows system, go to the QuickBooks POS icon
2. Then right-click on it and select the Run as Administrator option
3. Now the QuickBooks POS Runs as administrator.
This way some problems got fixed by running it as an administrator. Make sure that you first run it as admin to have all admin rights.
Ans: Yes, restarting the computer refreshes all the system according to settings and does save all the settings that you have done to fix the error. When you implement any solution then do restart your system and then check for errors. After that move forward to continue your work.