With company terms & condition, you can delete all the company’s data and start over a new QuickBooks account within 60 days. While opening the company files in your QuickBooks desktop POS you may get the following error message:
- Failed to open company
- QuickBooks Won’t open
- Error: Unable to connect to your company data file
- Login to company file failed
- Connection is broken
No need to worry, here you get all unique solutions with proper guidance.
Causes of QuickBooks POS Won’t Open Company File
There are so many causes of this error while you trying to open the file in QuickBooks Desktop point of sale, all are given below:
- When the company file is corrupted or damaged.
- If the connection is lost while connecting with the company file.
- When it is unable to sign-in your document and database service manager is not running.
- This may also cause due to the reconnection of the network with the company data file.
- When POS downloaded as a customer workstation instead of a network server.
- When database manager server is not running
- When POS is trying to reconnect Company file
- When an user upgraded his QuickBooks Point of Sale software and using Windows XP SP2 Operating System.
How to fix QuickBooks POS Did Not Open Company File
To fix this error, there are all possible ways:
Troubleshooting 1: To restart the POS, you need to follow this steps-:
- To close the POS, choose the window start icon and go to the services.MSC then click Enter.
- To search and configure Intuit Entitlement services and QBPOS database manager, you need to follow these steps:
- To select the higher version, go with a double-click on Intuit Entitlement services vX.
- From the drop-down option of startup type, click on the General tab and choose Automatic and make sure about service started is to begin.
- Then click on the Logon tab and select Local System Account which allows service to Interact with Desktop.
- Then, click on the Recovery tab and go with Restart the services which are selected from the options of First, second and Subsequent failure.
- After that, click on APPLY then Ok.
- To check the configuration file, open the company document again.
Troubleshooting 2: To make the test company file, you must know about these steps:
- Firstly open POS then click on the Create new company and select NEXT.
- From the Company field type Test and then create.
- Go to the Test file. Note and select file > company operations> Next.
- Click on the Open existing company, select your company document and go with NEXT.
Troubleshooting 3: To restore the company’s file backup, you follow these instructions:
- The select file then goes the company operations> Restore from backup and then select NEXT.
- Then Browse to an alternate backup file and navigate the company file.
- Select the recent backup document and click on NEXT and your all data restore.
Troubleshooting 4: To change the company file name, follow these short steps:
- Click on the company file then right-click on the file name and enter on Rename from the drop-down options.
- To see the new name, re-open company file.
How to contact us?
If you still face any issue or any query regarding QuickBooks, you can directly with our customer service team via Customer Helpline Number +1-800-395-0532 or mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For instant solutions, you can chat with us via Live Chat.