Most of the small and medium industries recommend QuickBooks solution for all bookkeeping. It offers on-premises accounting applications as well as cloud based versions. Intuit has integrated several exclusive add-on features in QuickBooks which will help you in tracking your expenses, reports and sending estimates. It is a user-friendly software which reduces your work-load. But on number occasions you may come across some common errors such as QuickBooks Error Code 1003.
QuickBooks Error Code 1003
When a user come across QuickBooks Error Code 1003 your active program will crash. It is an internal error. Your system will crash repeatedly with Error Code 1003 while you are running the same program. Your windows will run densely along with your mouse and keyboard. Your system may freeze for few seconds. The QuickBooks Error Code 1003 appears when:
- You are installing the program.
- Any QuickBooks application is running.
- Windows getting started or shutting down.
- Installation of Windows Operating System.
The cause for QuickBooks Error Code 1003
- Incomplete or corrupt download of QB software.
- Damage in Windows registry from any recent changes made in any QuickBooks-related software (installation or installation).
- Malware or Virus infection which has corrupted your files or QuickBooks related software.
- Any corrupted programs may have deleted QB related files maliciously or mistakenly.
Here is a solution recommended by Intuit experts,. Though it is an internal error but it can also be classified as Runtime error. Follow the steps below to resolve this error:
- Manually repair your Windows registry
- Create a backup
- Select start button from your windows screen.
- In the search box, type “command” but do not press ENTER button.
- Now pressing CTRL+Shift from your keyboard, press ENTER.
- When prompted with permission dialog box, click on yes.
- A new black box will appear on your monitor screen with a cursor blinking.
- On that window type “regedit” and press ENTER.
- From Registry Editor, select Error 1003-related key so that you can create a backup.
- Select a File menu and click on Export.
- From the “Save In List”, select the folder where you want to save your QuickBooks backup.
- Type a name for your backup file from your File Name Box. Rename your file as “QuickBooks Backup”.
- Now select “Selected Branch” from Export Range Box.
- Click on Save.
- This file will be saved as .reg file extension.
- Conduct a full malware scan of your system.
- Delete all your system junk with Disk Cleanup program.
- Update all your PC Device Drivers.
- Restore all the recent system changes.
- Uninstall and Reinstall all the QuickBooks Programs which are associated with Error 1003.
- Run Windows System File Checker (“sfc/scannow”) in your computer.
- Download all the the Windows updates.
- Now perform Clean Installation of Windows.
If you follow the steps mentioned above you can easily resolve this error but if this error still persist then try to contact QuickBooks support. There are certain occasions when a user is unable to get in touch with them and look for other alternatives. One such options available is QuickBooks Customer Support. They are third party consultant who provides QB support. To connect with them you just have to dial their Toll Free number /.