QuickBooks Error Code 15242 is a payroll update error that occurs when users attempt to access, refresh and update QuickBooks payroll. When this error occurs, a popup message with this error displays on the screen to notify that users are not permitted to download any updates on the software. This blog covers the causes and resolution of QuickBooks Error 15242.
Possible causes of QuickBooks Error Code 15242
- The errors activate when the update is not completed
- Corrupted FCS.
How to resolve QuickBooks Error Payroll Update Code 15242
Solution 1: Confirm your payroll subscription
Following are the steps:
- To perform verification you need to Open QuickBooks software
- Discover Employees then select payroll services
- Hit on Billing/account information
- Now the page with QuickBooks Payroll account maintenance appears on the system screen
- Close that page
- When you close the page associated with account maintenance, it will do automatically validation
- On finishing the validate process, try to download the updates.
Solution 2: Uninstall the software, reinstall it and perform the clean installation process in the selective start-up.
Follow the steps:
- Open the Run window by pressing Windows+ R key altogether key from the keyboard
- Type the command MSConfig then press OK button
- Locate the General tab
- Select the Load System Services & Selective Startup Services as well
- Discover the services tab, and click on the Hide all the Microsoft Services
- Do select the Disable all option
- Deselect the Hide all Microsoft services
- After this, you are required to discover the list of services and then ensure the windows installer checkbox is selected
- Hit Ok
- In the end, restart your system
- Locate the system configuration to select Restart
- Hit on the Restart button present on the system configuration page
- After finishing the restart process, use the clean install for doing anything.
Download the accurate payroll updates compatible with QuickBooks software. While updating software check the firewall settings.
To verify the error whether occurs on your system only or it takes place on others system as well. If yes, then perform the update process on a different computer.
Solution 4: Perform FCS settings
Below-mentioned is the steps:
- Locate QuickBooks desktop manage option
- Select Services and Applications then click on services appearing on the right side of the screen
- Discover the service entitled “Intuit QuickBooks FCS” then double-click on it
- Click on Intuit QuickBooks FCS Properties dialog box appears on the screen
- Hit ok
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and download the current updates of product
- At last, update the tax tables
- Now verify the error is fixed or not.