QuickBooks is one of the most used accounting software by small and medium business. It is an anytime and anywhere software which makes your work easier as well as save a lot of time. It runs on Microsoft Operating System as well as Mac. It is an exclusive software which completely handles all your financial work but under certain situations it may crash and you may come across some technical issues like QuickBooks Error 1009.
Cause of QuickBooks Error 1009
QuickBooks Error 1009 is a technical error occur which is quite common in QuickBooks accounting software. When you encounter this error, it means your data backup is not working properly. You will receive following error message on your monitor screen:
“Error: backup failure Error 1009”
Also Read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 1005
QuickBooks Error 1009 can easily be resolved by troubleshooting steps mentioned below:
Step I: Updating QuickBooks Software
- Start your computer.
- Open QuickBooks software on your system by double-clicking on its icon.
- Go to Help menu in QB Desktop and select Update QuickBooks.
- Click on Update Now option available there.
- You will have to scroll down and ensure that Data Protect box is checked.
- Click on Get Updates option.
- As your QuickBooks Updates are complete, close your QuickBooks Desktop to apply updates.
- Open your QB software to check whether it is up-to-date.
Also Read: Instant Fix QuickBooks Error Code 1003
Step II: Intuit Data Protection Diagnostic Tool
- After updating your software, right click on Intuit Data Protect icon on your system.
- Click on Intuit Data Protect option. It is present in lower right of your Windows desktop and looks like a green padlock.
- Check whether you have version 220.127.116.1160. If no, then update it.
- Close your program.
- Restart your system.
- Right-click again on your Intuit Data Protect icon from system tray.
- Go to About Intuit Data Protect icon.
- Verify your IDP version.
The above solution is advised by Intuit experts to rectify this QuickBooks Error 1009. If you are unable to resolve this error, try to contact our expert. They can help you in resolving this technical error that is quite common in QuickBooks. They are Intuit certified third-party QuickBooks consultant who has expertise in resolving such technical as well as functional errors. They provide their services round the clock so that you can reach out to them at any point in time. Their support representative will reach out to you and provide you with the best solution to that error with a minimal wait of time. As we value your time and understand that time is of the essence. We will guide you throughout the issue until it is resolved.