Customers can change their decision to purchase a product. As a business, it is your responsibility to record the cancellation of the sale. In this post, we learn how to cancel sales in QuickBooks cash register?
What is Cash Register
Cash registers are useful for the retail businesses that hugely benefit the users. It has a numerical pad that calculates the total of purchased items. It maintains the record of all transactions, so a business owner or store manager can easily track daily sales.
Reasons to Cancel Sale in Cash Register
The reasons are mentioned below:
- Customer makes last-minute decision not to purchase items.
- The sale representative enters the wrong sale entry in the cash registers of QuickBooks POS Cash Register gives a different value from marked price.
- The error also appears if the user faces any issue in creating the payment, then the entire sale will be canceled
How to cancel sale in QuickBooks Cash Register
Here we have described the resolution of the issue of canceling sales in the cash register of QuickBooks POS:
- You will see the cash register may have ‘Cancel’or ‘Void’ options.
- Now you can easily delete any product from the cash list by clicking them.
- When you hit the ‘Cancel’ option, you might be asked for the accurate information of the product that you want to enter.
- Whatever the changes you have made, it will be updated automatically into the subtotal.
Note: Relying upon the make as well as the model of your cash register, you can be asked for the item identification to canceling the transaction.
When you are trying to cancel the sale into the cash register of QuickBooks POS, then another issue emerges such as the money drawer will open up after the credit sale. In case you confront this issue, follow the steps below:
- Visit the ‘Start’ menu and then click on the ‘Windows’ icon.
- In the search dialogue box type ‘Printers’ and after that hit the enter key.
- Now you have to tap the right click on your receipt printer.
- Select your ‘Printing Preference’ button right from the given drop-down menu.
- Open your ‘Layout’ dialogue box.
- Here you have to choose ‘Advanced’ function.
- Now you can see all of the cash drawers which are accessible to you. Here you have to click on the ‘Never open’ button for all cash drawer which you are suffering from the problem with.
- When you make the changes, and then click on the ‘OK’ button.
- Now quit the ‘Printers’ folder.
- Now shut down the PC as well as a printer.
- Wait for a moment before you switching on it again.
- Then turn on your computer and printer.
- This reboot procedure will allow your PC and printer in order to fix the new changes that you created.
- The above-mentioned steps must fix the issue.
If you are still experiencing the issue after following the described resolution, then you must get in touch with our POSTechie experts. We are offering all kinds of resolutions related to QuickBooks POS and we will be happy to help you with this.