QuickBooks is world renowned accounting software developed by Intuit for the small and medium industries. As software makes your work easier but there are certain situations where you may come across some errors which may get in the way of your work. These errors can be categorized either as functional errors or technical errors. One such technical error is QuickBooks Runtime Error–Abnormal Program Termination.
This error occurs when you are trying to get the access of a data file, which is stored on an “offline available mapped network drive.” You will see the following error message getting displayed in your computer system:
“Runtime Error! Abnormal Program Termination The instruction ‘xxxxxx’ referenced memory at ‘xxxxxxx…’”
If you encounter this error, it means that your QuickBooks software is corrupted and you won’t be able to access your data files.
QuickBooks Runtime Error Abnormal Program Termination
To resolve this error follow the solutions below, but try to update your Windows and QuickBooks before applying the steps. Then you will have to restart your system.
Solution I: Repair the file
- This solution can be followed by the users who are using the Windows 7, 8 or Vista.
- Right-click on QB icon from your desktop.
- Go to Properties tab.
- Select the “Open File Location” option.
- In you are working on Windows XP, and then click on “Find Target”.
- Finally, click on Reboot.bat file and the window will close automatically.
- Restart your system.
Also Read: QuickBooks Runtime Error Visual C++
- You will have to import the mapped drive online or copy the data file which is saved in the network drive to your system’s local drive. Then you will have to open this file from your local drive.
- Start your system.
- Log in to the system as “Administrator”.
- Check for your internet speed.
- Search for QuickBooks Data Recovery Service.
- Download QuickBooks Data Recovery Service and save it in your local desktop.
- Run this application in your system.
- Restart your system and then try to open QuickBooks software.
The solutions above are proposed by the Intuit experts for QuickBooks Runtime Error. If you are not satisfied with the outcome or you need further assistance then you can contact QB Customer Support. If you are not able to get in touch with them then you can also look for other alternative options like “QuickBooks Support”. They are one of the most recommended QB support providing agency. They provide 24*7 support service, so you can contact them at any point of time. You can dial their toll-free number /. You can also write an email and send it to the online email support. They will contact you soon and provide you with the best possible solutions. You can also go to their website and request for online chat help. The QuickBooks expert will get in touch with you and help you in resolving all your QuickBooks issues.