In QuickBooks POS, you can easily import and export the data of your account anytime using the Excel sheet. Using these 2 methods you can easily make your data updated and you don’t need to do it manually. In this, if you do it in one template and format then transferring and updating the data can be done easily. Here are the information and the process of importing or exporting the data.
How QuickBooks POS Import and Export,
The Import Process
You can import the QuickBooks data through excel that uses the default template to export from the POS. The .csv file can also convert to the excel files. To convert the .csv to excel you need to do the following steps-
- Go to the File menu option
- Click on the Save as option
- Now select the Excel Workbook while saving the file in the field of the Save as type.
65000 rows can be imported in one go. For smooth importing of files from excel you need to note down the following things:-
- Delete the blank columns and rows.
- Clear content is used instead of the Delete the information separately.
- Hidden columns need to be deleted.
- Do not use special characters, formulas, and hyperlinks.
Process for Importing the Data
Before importing the data few things must take care of-
- Firstly create the backup of your data in various locations correctly and successfully.
- Scan the worksheet before mapping it if there is any abnormal data or not.
- Do break the lists in smaller parts that are large enough.
For importing the data, here are the steps that are as follows:-
- Get the template you want
- First of all, close the QuickBooks Desktop POS
- Go to the File Explorer from the taskbar or search in the start menu
- Open the File Explorer
- In the left side window, Go to the location: C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale (x.0)
- Do right-click on the QB POS Import Template.xls and then click on the Delete option
- In the confirmation message do confirm it.
- Do set up and then import the data to POS
- Select the Files menu then from options click on Utilities and then again select the Import option
- In Data import Wizard, click on the Next button
- Now again press on the Next button but before that choose the type of data that you want to import
- Choose the Default Template in which format you want to import the data then open it
- Follow the Prompt after clicking on the Next button
- Now check the import file and click on the Import option
- In the end, close the wizard.
The Export Process
The data is exported to backup the file in your system using the other applications. Changes can also be done if you want to create a new file, upgrade or transfer the information. There are the things that you can export easily like-
- Inventory Items
Process for Exporting the Data
For exporting the data, here are the steps that are as follows:-
- Open the QuickBooks desktop POS
- Then click on the File menu option
- Select the Utility option; from this click on the Export option
- In the Data export wizard, go to the Inventory Items and then click on the Next button to continue
- Now enter the data in Begin Exporting Data to row, Select the Destination file location and Write records to (Sheet)
- Choose the Default inventory template from the export template
- You can also manage it manually in mapping to check the details that are exported from your QuickBooks POS account
- After this click on the Next button to proceed
- In the end, click on the option Export as the files are ready to export.