QuickBooks Error Code 15106 is a QuickBooks update error that generally encounters while performing the latest update. It occurs due to corrupted software or improper UAC settings. When this error occurs the user will get the below-mentioned error message
“Error 15106: The update program cannot be opened”
“Error 15106: The update program is damaged”
Possible causes behind QuickBooks Update Error 15106
There are several causes of this error that are mentioned below:
- Improper installation
- Presence of Virus/Malware in the system
- When attempting to log in as a local mode
- Improper UAC settings
- Spy Sweeper presence can be an issue
Solutions of QuickBooks Error Code 15106
Solution 1: If the error occurs with Spy Sweeper program:
This error might take place in QuickBooks when there is the presence of the unwanted files in the system. Following are the steps to verify Spy Sweeper execution:
- Press Ctrl + Alt +Esc keys from your keyword to open Task Manager.
- Select More Details located on the left bottom of the displaying window
- Locate SpySweeper.exe located under the Processes tab
- If you discover this Antivirus program then uninstall Spy Sweeper.
- To perform uninstall, open Add/Remove programs and find Spy Sweeper
- Right-click on it and press uninstall
- Verify the error is fixed.
Solution 2: If the error encounters when you are not sign-in as the Administrator
When you try to open the software with user accounts and you are not given credentials to open some programs. In that case, try to open through administrator mode. On login with administrator mode, you can perform modification on the core entities present on your system such as adding program, deleting the program, install the software. With administration mode, you are eligible to grant access to the network administrator to execute the program. This will remove the error. Check the error is removed or not.
Solution 3: Switch off UAC
- Pop-out the run window through keyword
- Enter Control panel into the search box
- Hit OK
- Select System and Security and click on Security and maintenance
- Under security, tap locate User Account Control
- Select change settings
- Click on never notify
- Hit ok
- Turn off UAC
Solution 4: Rename the folder and disable security software
- You can fix the error by disabling the antivirus for sometimes temporary.
- Perform the below-mentioned steps:
- Locate Windows notification on the taskbar of the system.
- Right-click on the Antivirus icon to disable the software temporarily
- In case there is no disable option appears on the screen, then you can reinstall the update.
- To uninstall a program open run window
- Enter appwiz.cpl and then hit enter button
- Wait for uninstall process
- Navigate the update folder and rename it.