For the betterment of small and medium retail industry, Intuit has released QuickBooks Point Of Sale. This coercive solution, not only provides a powerful platform for your business but also track your inventory, sales, cash and provides customer information. You can enjoy the benefits of your POS software along with the portable hardware device. This new QuickBooks Point Of Sale had made payments quite fast and easy. It provides integrated quickbooks payment processing with low rates.
Intuit QuickBooks Payment Solutions for POS
As you have an active Intuit Merchant Account, then you may look for other authorization options for the processing of credit/debit card transactions for your QuickBooks Desktop Point Of Sale.
Also Read: Cloud Hosting on QuickBooks Point of Sale
For authorization and process of credit/debit cards transactions in your QuickBooks POS:
- Go to File menu, click on Setup Interview.
- Select Payments tab.
- Click Yes to ‘Would you like to accept credit and debit cards?’ section and click on Sign In option.
- Sign in with your Merchant credentials for your QuickBooks POS.
For Process Payments:
- Open your QuickBooks Point of Sale, select Make a Sale option.
- Enter the items and click on Credit option.
- Select your preferred credit card entry method by following the steps mentioned:
- Swipe: Swiping the card may allow you sale for the lowest rate, and it also acts as a proof that the card was present at the time of the sale.
- Manual: It is an alternate method for some exceptional cases where you cannot swipe the card.
- Voice: This method enable you to authorize the card via your telephone when you cannot get electronic confirmation due to some technical issues for e.g. internet connection is not working. For such situation, make sure to capture all information in screen so that you can record your transaction once you are online again.
Swipe/enter the card information in the dialog box and click on Authorize option.
Also Read: Multi User Setup for QuickBooks Desktop POS
There may be certain occasions when you are unable to process your credit card payments and you get the following error:
Error: Transaction not allowed, when processing a credit card
This may occur if the payment type you are using is not allowed in your company preferences which is incorporated in your QuickBooks Point Of Sale settings.
To check this error, follow the steps below:
- Go to File menu, select Preferences option and click Company from the tab.
- On the left pane of your window, click on Receipt Tendering under the Sales option.
- In the Card Types section, you will have to check to ensure whether the card type you’re trying to process is selected or not.
The steps mentioned above will guide you on how you can process your payments in QuickBooks POS. You can also connect with QuickBooks POS Support. They are QuickBooks third party consultant who provides support to thousands of QuickBooks POS users worldwide. To get in touch with them, you just have to dial their Toll-Free 24/7 support number /